What are the key pieces of advice you found for improving one’s press releases?
- A piece of advice that was a recurring theme in these articles was to get to the point immediately. Additionally, it was mentioned multiple times that a press release should address who, what, when, where, why and how.
Did you learn anything that surprised you from these articles?
- It was surprising to me that some of the articles advised that press releases include photographs when possible.
How will you apply what you learned to your own writing?
- I will apply many of these tips in my writing; I will make sure that I am always direct, that my release follows proper format and that it targets a specific group in the media.
- “7 Tips for Writing a Killer Press Release” by Russell Working
2. “A complete guide to writing an effective press release” by Debbie Leven
3. “PR Advice from Journalists: Dos and Don’t on Press Releases.” by Robert Wynne